"I believe that the aliveness of live performance is rich with possibility when listening and transparency are held in equal balance with spontaneity and action. The work of a performer is to search for a way to access the choreography and respond to the moment / situation in a way that doesn’t succumb to the easiness of "autopilot" and muscle memory. Making decisions in real time creates the potential for failure -- a necessary risk to differentiate contemporary performance from the foolproof-ness of entertainment."
"If performance is a practice of exhibiting both success and failure, a question emerges: How can I bring honesty to my performance in a way that acknowledges my own insecurities?"
upcoming performances: click here!
- Zata Omm Dance Projects (Toronto)
- Josh Beamish (Vancouver/New York)
- Frog-In-Hand (Toronto)
- Peggy Baker Dance Projects (Toronto)
- Helena Franzen (Stockholm)
- Toronto Dance Theatre (Toronto)
- Brian Brooks (New York)
- Andersson Dance (Stockholm)
- Skånes Dansteater (Malmö)
- ZviDance (New York)
- Jonah Bokaer Choreography (New York)
- Dancenorth (Melbourne)
- Camille A. Brown (New York)