"I believe that the aliveness of live performance is rich with possibility when listening and transparency are held in equal balance with spontaneity and action. The work of a performer is to search for a way to access the choreography and respond to the moment / situation in a way that doesn’t succumb to the easiness of "autopilot" and muscle memory. Making decisions in real time creates the potential for failure -- a necessary risk to differentiate contemporary performance from the foolproof-ness of entertainment."
"If performance is a practice of exhibiting both success and failure, a question emerges: How can I bring honesty to my performance in a way that acknowledges my own insecurities?"
RECENT PERFORMANCE PROJECTS
- Peggy Baker Dance Projects (2016-2017)
- Helena Franzen / Magma Dans (Stockholm, 2015-2017)
- Toronto Dance Theatre (Toronto, 2016)
- Brian Brooks Moving Company (New York, 2015-2016)
- Andersson Dance (Stockholm, 2014)
- Skånes Dansteater (Malmö, 2014-2015)
- ZviDance (New York, 2013-2016)
- Jonah Bokaer Choreography (New York, 2013-2014)
- Dancenorth (Melbourne, 2012)
- Camille A. Brown and Dancers (New York, 2011-2012)
- Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre (Toronto, 2009)